2019 Virgin Money London Marathon launches official race app
The Official 2019 Virgin Money London Marathon App powered by TCS is now available to download. The app gives you all the information you need to enjoy the worldâ€™s greatest marathon, in the palm of your hand.
Created in partnership with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), the Official Technology Partner of the Virgin Money London Marathon, the 2019 official race app has been updated and improved with some exciting new features to enhance your Race Day experience.
Last yearâ€™s edition was recognised as the Sunday Times App of the Week and was downloaded a world record 360,000 times.
App = LIVE!â€” Virgin Money London Marathon (@LondonMarathon) April 5, 2019
The Official 2019 Virgin Money London Marathon app powered by @TCS_UKI is now available to download!
Check it out now:
App store https://t.co/9kfIwLqocX
Android https://t.co/pO20PRQlY3#LondonMarathon #ThanksaBillion pic.twitter.com/2w8sA6r3Xi
The 2019 Virgin Money London Marathon official race apps exciting new features include:
- Track your runners â€“ this year you can follow the progress of an unlimited number of friends and family who are out on the course. The app will give you updates every five kilometres, track your chosen runnersâ€™ pace and predict what time your runners will reach the next five kilometre checkpoint based on their average pace, allowing you to get to the best viewing points in time to support them.
- Donate to Dementia Revolution, the official 2019 Virgin Money London Marathon Charity of the Year, or search for your friends to donate directly to their chosen charities using Virgin Money Giving
- Ones to Watch - check out the worldâ€™s best athletes including Eliud Kipchoge, Sir Mo Farah, Mary Keitany and David Weir. The live leaderboard will keep you updated on whoâ€™s leading the way on Race Day.
- Runner & Spectator Information â€“ find all the information you need to plan Race Day in the dedicated Runner Info and Spectator Guide areas of the app
- Interactive Course Map â€“ see a detailed layout of the Start Area, Finish Area and lots points of interest around the 26.2 mile course
- Virgin Money London Marathon Running Show - the app will help you plan your visit with opening times, exhibitors and an interactive floorplan#ThanksaBillion - support friends and share your marathon experience using Virgin Money London Marathon themed selfie filters
Hugh Brasher, Event Director of London Marathon Events, said: â€œWeâ€™re proud to be leading the way and embracing technology to improve the Virgin Money London Marathon each and every year. Our new and improved Official Race App will give our participants, their supporters and spectators the best possible service and help us to say #ThanksaBillion to everyone who has supported us since the first race back in 1981.â€
â€œTCS is committed to bringing digital innovation in everything it does. As the Official Technology Partner for the Virgin Money London Marathon, weâ€™re delighted to strive for ever better performance and new features that will enhance the experience for this iconic race. It is a momentous day both for the participants and the great number of supporters that follow the event in London and across the globe,â€ said Shankar Narayanan, Country Head, TCS UK and Ireland.