Who is Virgin Money?
We’re the gamechangers in UK banking with an ambition to disrupt the status quo. Bringing together the combined history and expertise of Clydesdale Bank, Yorkshire Bank and Virgin Money, we are the only bank outside the ‘Big 5’ that boasts a genuine full-service personal and business banking capability.
We want everyone to have a much happier relationship with money, one that’s a bit less ‘meh’ and a lot more ‘hell yeah!’. Through our brilliant colleagues, inspiring spaces and digital solutions we are doing everything we can to bring a life more Virgin to customers and non-customers alike.
Bland banks? No thanks!
Our support for the London Marathon
Virgin Money has been sponsoring the London Marathon since 2010 with the aim of helping runners raise money for charity. During our partnership, half a billion pounds has been raised and 400k runners have finished the race. Our sponsorship comes to an end after the 2021 event.
A snapshot of the 40th Race in 2020:
- 457,861 eager people entered the ballot for the 2020 Marathon
- 45,000 energetic people across 109 countries started the Virtual Marathon
- 37,690 super happy people finished the Virtual Marathon
- We reached around 295 million people across Virgin Money London Marathon social channels over the race weekend
- A massive £16.7m was raised through Virgin Money Giving for over 1,900 worthy charities
- 115,455 people downloaded the new app
- 111,667k children from 430 schools ran the Virgin Money Giving Mini Marathon
Ready for a life more Virgin? Have a look here.