Elite Wheelchair Virgin Money London Marathon
Applying for 2017
The application system for entry into the 2017 Elite Wheelchair Virgin Money Marathon is now closed.
The 2017 Elite Wheelchair Virgin Money London Marathon is run under World Para Athletics rules and IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federations) rules.
Please note: The Virgin Money London Marathon does not allow participants being pushed around the course as our event is governed by the rules of World Para Athletics, IAAF and UKA, all of which state that a person cannot get outside help in an event. This precludes anyone being pushed.
The criteria for entry into the Elite Wheelchair Virgin Money London Marathon race in 2017 is as follows:
- You must be over 18 on Race Day.
- You must have a World Para Athletics classification.
- You must be able to finish a marathon in under three hours.
- You must have a valid marathon time from the past two years of three hours or under (you need to produce documentation to this effect).
Anyone who does not reach mile 11 in one hour and 15 minutes will be pulled from the race at mile 13.
You must use an approved racing wheelchair under World Para Athletics rules.
No handcycles are permitted.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Day Chair Virgin Money London Marathon
Application for the 2017 Day Chair Virgin Money London Marathon has now closed. The public ballot entry system was open from Monday 2 May until 17:00 on Friday 6 May.
The criteria for the 2017 Day Chair Virgin Money London Marathon is outlined below.
Due to health and safety restrictions, entries are limited to 12 standard day chairs – eight of which are allocated through a ballot.
If you are successful in the first ballot, you will be sent a link to enter the 2017 Day Chair Virgin Money London Marathon.
If you are unsuccessful in the first ballot, you are able to apply for one of the remaining four places through any charity that holds Golden Bond places in the 2017 Virgin Money London Marathon.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The criteria for entry into the 2017 Day Chair Virgin Money London Marathon is as follows:
- You must be able to self propel yourself on the course.
- You must be able to finish a marathon in six and a half hours.
- You must have a verified standard day chair marathon time of six hours 30 minutes or a mass-participation half marathon time of three hours or under within the previous 12 months.
Please note that the above time limits are in place as you need to be able to propel yourself through crowds of runners on streets that are narrow. After six and a half hours roads start to reopen and we cannot guarantee a safe uninterrupted passage.
- No electric wheelchairs are allowed on the course.
- All entries are subject to the standard entry conditions that apply to the 2017 Virgin Money London Marathon.
- No outside help is allowed.