Elite Wheelchair Virgin Money London Marathon
Applying for 2019
Entry into the 2019 Elite Wheelchair Virgin Money London Marathon is now closed.
The 2019 Elite Wheelchair Virgin Money London Marathon is run under World Para Athletics rules and IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federations) rules.
Please note: The Virgin Money London Marathon does not allow participants being pushed around the course as our event is governed by the rules of World Para Athletics, IAAF and UKA, all of which state that a person cannot get outside help in an event. This precludes anyone being pushed.
The criteria for entry into the Elite Wheelchair Virgin Money London Marathon race in 2019 is as follows:
- You must be over 18 on Race Day.
- You must have a World Para Athletics classification.
- You must be able to finish a marathon in under three hours.
- You must have a valid marathon time from the past two years of three hours or under (you need to produce documentation to this effect).
Anyone who does not reach mile 11 in one hour and 15 minutes will be pulled from the race at mile 13.
You must use an approved racing wheelchair under World Para Athletics rules.
No handcycles are permitted.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Day Chair Virgin Money London Marathon
The public ballot for entry into the 2019 Day Chair Virgin Money London Marathon has now closed. The ballot entry system was open from Monday 30 April until 17:00 on Friday 4 May 2018.
The criteria for entry into the Day Chair Virgin Money London Marathon is as follows:
- You must be able to self propel yourself on the course.
- To obtain a finisher’s medal, you must complete the event by the official cut-off time which is currently 19:00 on Sunday 28 April 2019.
Please note that the above time limits are in place as you need to be able to propel yourself through crowds of runners on streets that are narrow. We cannot guarantee a safe uninterrupted passage after roads start to reopen.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- No electric wheelchairs are allowed on the course.
- All entries are subject to the standard entry conditions that apply to the Virgin Money London Marathon.
- No outside help is allowed.