Elite Wheelchair Virgin Money London Marathon
Entries are now open for the 2015 Elite Wheelchair Virgin Money London Marathon. If you would like to enter the race – and you meet the criteria outlined below – please click this link to register.
The 2015 Elite Wheelchair Virgin Money London Marathon is run under IPC (International Paralympic Committee) rules and IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federations) rules.
The criteria for entry into the Elite Wheelchair Virgin Money London Marathon race is as follows:
- You must be over 18 on race day.
- You must have an IPC classification.
- You must be able to finish a marathon in three hours.
- You must have a valid marathon time from the past two years of three hours or under (you will need to produce
- documentation to this effect).
Anyone who does not reach mile 11 in one hour and 15 minutes will be pulled from the race at mile 13.
You must use an approved racing wheelchair under IPC rules.
No handcycles permitted.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Day Chair Virgin Money London Marathon
Entries are now open for the 2015 Day Chair Virgin Money London Marathon.
Please note that entries close on Sunday 30 November 2014. The criteria for entry are outlined below.
Due to course changes at the 2015 event, and health and safety restrictions, entries will be limited to 12 standard day chairs – eight of which will be allocated through a ballot.
The ballot for standard day chairs will take place on Monday 1 December 2014. Applicants will be informed whether or not they have been successful in the ballot by Friday 5 December 2014.
If you are successful in the first ballot, you will be sent a link to enter the 2015 Day Chair Virgin Money London Marathon.
If you are unsuccessful in the first ballot, you may apply for one of the remaining four places through any charity that holds Golden Bond places in the 2015 Virgin Money London Marathon. If we receive more than four applications via the charity Golden Bond Scheme, we will hold a second ballot for the remaining four places.
The second ballot for the remaining four charity Golden Bond places will open on Friday 12 December and close on Wednesday 31 December. Successful applicants will be informed by Thursday 8 January 2015.
The criteria for entry into the Day Chair Virgin Money London Marathon is as follows:
- You must be able to self propel yourself on the course.
- You must be able to finish a marathon in six and a half hours.
- You must have a verified standard day chair marathon time of six hours 30 minutes or a mass-participation half marathon time of three hours or under within the last 12 months.
Please note that the above time limits are in place as you will need to be able to propel yourself through crowds of runners on streets that are narrow. After six and a half hours roads start to reopen and we cannot guarantee a safe uninterrupted passage.
- No electric wheelchairs will be allowed on the course.
- All entries are subject to the standard entry conditions that apply to the 2015 Virgin Money London Marathon.
- No outside help is allowed
How to enter the Day Chair Virgin Money London Marathon ballot
To register for the standard day chair ballot please email Michelle Weltman at firstname.lastname@example.org before Sunday 30 November 2014.
Charities who wish to be allocated a wheelchair place should also email email@example.com between Friday 12 December and before the closing date of Wednesday 31 December 2014.